Sunday, October 23, 2005

Trinity:

Just a thing I've been thinking of recently. I haven't heard many people talk about it, so I don't really know if it's a valid topic at all, but I'll try to explain what is going on in my head.

Often times when we are evaluating each other's spiritual walks, we talk about spiritual gifts that we have. We are all unique and play a different role in the Body of Christ. But lately I've been thinking that my 'spiritual personality' may be because of my sensitivity to the Trinity. What the --- is that supposed to mean? Well there are the three faces of God that we address- Father, Jesus, and Spirit. All one in the same, I believe, but there's too much theological stuff behind the concept to really go into depth here. Flashback...

Fall retreat freshman year, I was praying with someone and I suddenly realized that I was praying that the Spirit would be present in the room. "What does that mean?" I thought. I began to understand, soon after, that the role of the Holy Spirit in my life was something that I barely understood. And since then, it has been quite a learning experience... exploring what it is and letting it act in my life.

So, I think my sensitivity to the Holy Spirit is on a lower level than my sensitivity to the Father or to Jesus. Hmm, this is really hard to explain because it involves separating the Trinity which is typically frowned upon. But anyway, here is an illustration of where I think I am:


Maybe I'm just being blasphemous, but that's just how my response to God is quite often. Maybe this is a good self evaluation that's telling me where I need to grow in.

No comments: