Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Discipline:

Alright. I will finish this post all the way through, I promise. It's just that I prefer blogging just before I go to bed... and I actually write while in bed, so those conditions have me falling asleep just as I click the "Publish Post" button.

School just seems to be calling for more effort. And I just feel like I need to discipline. What is discipline, though? According to Proverbs and Jeremiah and Hebrews, it has a lot to do with the way God is the Father... the Good Father. A biblegateway search shows the word usually in the context of God parenting us so that we grow up to be strong and healthy. How does that apply to me? I think I click with Hebrews best:

No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
Hebrews 12:11

I don't know how righteousness and peace will result from me being better trained in studying, but I sure like the sound of it. Righteousness and peace... yum.

(Note to self: future post concerning the Trinity... no, it's not going to be theologically intensive)

No comments: