Saturday, October 15, 2005

Splatter:

When I think about it, today has to be one of the better days I've had in a while. Just very content with what I have in front of me, and very excited about what is being planned ahead. Though I'm not sure how I am supposed to conjure up all this extra time to do these fun things. Things include:
1. Trip out to Appalachain Rocks out in western MD. A bit of a hike and then a lot of rock climbing.
2. Nerf gun game. It's a $10 one time buy in (for a nerf gun that you get to keep and play with!) for something that hopefully will catch on. There are all sorts of games we can organize with all kinds of factors. One example- Terrorists start outside and must assault the house (use of any 3 entrances: front, kitchen, basement door), plant and activate the bomb in a far away room (jeff's room, hit his alarm), and lastly hold the room for 2 minutes without the defending team deactivating the bomb. All this in pitch dark, where each person has their choice of flashlight. Exhilirating! All are invited by the way, no prior experience necessary.
3. Thanksgiving dinner. Still in the works, but I love the idea of being one big family. The talk about food and the possibility of a kiddie table with the lovely ladies of 2301 has me totally psyched. Also, as a family gathering I think it would be a great time of just loving on each other (a stress free, yet organized event).

Tonight's sky is beautiful. I cannot find a way to do it justice. I can only throw some digital paint on a digital canvas to try and grasp the colors (and display absolutely no depth):

Walking across campus, breathing the cool fall air. Laying in the bed of Andy's truck going 40 mph with the lines of tree branches flying by in your peripheral vision, but the the moon and clouds sitting perfectly still. Coming off of the excitement that is Maryland Madness. This is how God reminds me to never complain.

2 comments:

Ă„nna said...

that just shows up black on my work computer

Bertronium said...

it is really dark... but there is stuff there