Friday, July 15, 2005

Stickers:

I am starting to collect the most crazy room decorations for my residence in the Marlbrough Mansion next year. The other week, will cleaning out the basement I found a framed poster. It says "WERF Incineration 300". I think WERF stands for Waste and Environmental Research Facility. Anyway, the poster has an animated, happy little guy in a protective radiation suit. He's handling a barrel of radioactivite material next to a big truck. And he's waving like he's having a good time.

Today at work, I was cleaning out the back and they let me take some extra stuff that I'm probably not supposed to have.

I'll explain this for those of you who don't know what it is. This is the NFPA's (National Fire Protection Agency) standard label for hazardous materials. The blue box indicates biomedical health hazards, the red shows the flammability hazard, and the yellow tells you how radioactive the material used at that facility is. The white box just contains additional information (OXY means oxidants). It's scaled from 0-4 with 4 being the most dangerous.

I picked up a 1 by 1 foot sticker today. It's similar to the picture, except the health hazard is 1 instead of 2 and there's no oxy warning. Sweet, eh? I also got a sticker the same size with a picture similar to those on fuel trucks that say "imflammable". I don't think I've ever had stickers this big.

No comments: