Sunday, July 03, 2005

Recap:

Today was fairly interesting, so I thought maybe a recap would be good.

Before that, though, I just looked up the word recap. Literally, it means to replace the lid on something. However, it is short for recapitulation. Capitulation happens to be the act of surrendering, or a set of terms that discuss the terms of surrender. Only the third definition speaks of a summary or headline. Strange.

The morning was church. There was a joint service to welcome the new pastor to the church of which we share the building with. Reverend Donna. Yeah, a female pastor. Shocker, right? Nah, not really a big deal in my book. She gave a pretty good sermon... nice that is was one of those back-to-the-basics sermons. Sort of.

Went to Church for Darfur. It wasn't as interesting as last weeks. A couple of speakers were missing, so maybe that threw them off. The main speaker/sermon giver used too many political terms and I just couldn't follow his flow of points. Oh well, it was a nice day and a nice location. Dupont circle is sort of neat... besides the fact that I detest the amount of money that flows around there. It's all about expensive style and living. Wasteful.

The rest of the evening and night was filled with birthday celebrations and wedding planning. The impending doom can be strongly felt as the day approaches in less than a week. I hope I look good in a tux.

Tomorrow, the family and wedding crew ventures into DC for the fireworks. Ridiculous. It's going to be so horribly crowded. But, call my cell if you want to do something fun in DC. Like make fun of tourists. One time, my siblings and I took pictures of us next to trash cans and dumpsters in DC... how hilariously mean.

No comments: