Thursday, August 04, 2005

Retreat:

So this evening was rather nice and pleasant. Though that billing fiasco was a bit troublesome. I guess it's really hard when people can't catch the drift of, you know... what they're supposed to do. Oh well.

I spent $40 this week, which isn't very impressive in and of itself, but given that about 62% of that was spent on dinner tonight means I did very well. I have to be more conscious about my budget when I'm in the house.

This weekend, starting tomorrow afternoon, is my church's retreat. We're heading out to Messiah College, as usual. It'll be a good time. It would be even better if they have wireless up there, but I think I can live without it. This will be my first full-lecture note taking experience with the tablet so I hope it goes well.

The church retreat holds a lot of good memories for me. Let's see. Last year, we saw a couple of youth come to Christ. Years ago, it was the staging area for a lot of bonding in the old youth group. Many years ago, maybe it was 6 or 7 years ago, I talked to my new brother-in-law about him getting into a relationship. Goals for this year: get in some alone time and spend some time with the Chinatown kids.

Abrupt end of post. Stream of consciousness failing.

No comments: