Sunday, August 07, 2005

Construction:

First a news break. I just learned that Peter Jennings passed away. The news was published not 20 minutes ago. May peace be with him and his family.

Coming off the retreat, I am not sure what to think of it. I guess a lot of parts were really good, while some of it was dull. It was really encouraging to see some of the seeds planted long ago in some of the younger group start to bloom.

Moving along with this senseless babble, I've learned that I am really good at building walls. Whether it be mental, physical, emotional, or spiritual- there are things that I can just block out. Of course, it's unhealthy... but it makes it easy for me to keep life moving along. But, at the same time, I find it really frustrating when I can't ignore some issue when I really want to. Some defense mechanism that is.

This week I'll have a lot of free time to do rounds, so tell me when I should do my visiting. Here are some things on my mind at the moment:
-getting psyched about seeing friends
-wanting to plant a few more seeds
-I am not at all fit, I won't be able to climb
-tablet PCs are ultimate nerd-dom
-Happy birthday, Julie... much love :)

No comments: