Thursday, September 29, 2005

Dyno:


C'mon blogger, please post the picture...

Sweet. This is an illustration of one of the more difficult moves in climbing. It's called the dyno. As shown, you basically start yourself in a really crouched position, rock yourself back and forth, jump off of the wall, and catch yourself on a hold many feet above where you were. I, of course, am built nothing like the drawing so I can dyno only like three feet. Most people can pop and reach that distance. Just FYI.

Living life alive. Climbing is part of that to me. It's just so exhilirating, and it challenges me physically and mentally every time. Adventurous? It makes me feel like I can go out and scale mountains.


I like acapella. I believe, that of all the senses, I am most sensitive to sound. Not so much that my hearing is great, but I think that it heavily effects my inner self in profound ways. For example, I often need to find some silent time to be truly refreshed. Loud is not bad. In fact, I really enjoy blasting some tunes. I guess it really depends on what I need at the time.

Oddly, I believe that I am pretty open minded about music. You would think someone who is sensitive to sound would be pretty picky about what hits their ears. Not so. Of course, I like some styles and sounds better than others, but I don't think I've found music that I can't listen to.

So the acapella concert was rather soothing and enjoyable. Except for the whispering/talking people behind me who were making rude comments. That didn't sit well with my ears. So I was forced to move away to the balcony. I found out, I like it up there.

Get Skype. That's it. Good night.

1 comment:

Ă„nna said...

I was thinking how when I draw for fun or boredom, they're always really geometric. Your designs are more sketchy and free. You'd think it'd be the opposite for an engineer and a person like me.