Monday, September 19, 2005

Grasp:

Here's an attempt to reflect on what I was reflecting on with the last drawing. Sadly, I will be writing more about my obsession with climbing. It's sad because I am obsessed, but not very good at all. Honestly, I can only complete the easiest of routes because I am just not strong enough. But there are still lessons that can be applied here.

Sometimes there is a move that seems just outside of my limits. Actually it's more like all the time. The move tends to be from something weak and ending with a pop to something good. It also usually involves a well placed flag or a strong toe hold. Anyway, there are just so many situations that seem hopeless. But in order to go anywhere you have to face the fact that you might fall. Failing is pretty much inevitable, even for Jeff. In the end, it all boils down to- go for it and give it your all. There's a lot of faith to be learned.

While venturing into the abstract-thought category, I figure I might bring up something else. Today I thought I was beginning to understand what hope is. Then that understanding quickly seemed to escape from me. Hope is something I yearn for. Lately it has been hard for me to find and hold on to.

Still taking in ideas for drawings to work on.

1 comment:

Ă„nna said...

here are some ideas for artwork
...a spot at Lake Champion
...a Marlbrough family portrait (maybe not but it'd be fun)
...a favorite spot on campus