Sunday, February 26, 2006

Limb:

Taking that risk, climbing out on the tree limb.


I'm very much looking forward to the Cherry Blossom Festival. I like DC and walking around the capital area on a nice spring day. The cold is starting to get pretty old, especially since all the fun things to do in the cold have already passed- play in the snow, have a bonfire, go skiing, freeze to death... haha not kidding. It's time for the warm, sun bathing days... those conducive to frolicking and cookouts. Cookouts! I wanna have one ASAP.

So speaking of 'days to come', Habakkuk was a neat study to do at retreat. As with most OT minor prophets, some of the ideas and ongoings were hard to swallow. But in the end, God's sovereignty always prevails. Like Habakkuk, I still am unsure about how the injustices going on and the questions I have about my future will be resolved. I found myself looking at my wrist a lot and relating application questions back to NO. Even though, I want to be in that posture of rejoicing in the present... not regretting the past or dreaming about the future. It's fun to do either and throw myself a pity party or hurt myself by rooting myself in my own expectations. Instead, I want trust.

But anyway, cookout? Right now I'm dreaming of grilled shrimp skewers. If we have anything, it'll probably end up being burgers and hotdogs. What else would be tasty and relatively easy? Too bad it's not crabfest season, otherwise there'd be one here tomorrow.

No comments: