Thursday, February 23, 2006

Huh-er:

Now that was an adventure!

Things I learned about myself tonight, through "meditative skiing"-

First, skiing is far from meditative... at least for me. It was so intense.

There are not too many memories that I can recall where I have been genuinely terrified. Tonight puts another notch on that arrow. Usually I'm not really scared of heights or falling, but tumbling or running into something just made me not want to challenge myself on the slopes.

In any system, I am automatically awkward. Example, when I was getting onto the ski lift I started to move forward to catch the next seat, but the operator told me to wait. At that point it was too late and I stopped at the worst possible moment. Basically, I was destroyed by the ski lift. Maybe I just have no common sense. Maybe I have no confidence in myself, so I trust too much on guidance from the system administrators. Whatever it is, there's a high probability of me embarassing myself in a public place where I'm unfamiliar with what's going on.

In the end, I love adventure. It can be scary, very dangerous, and embarassing. So what? I find myself mostly unhurt right now, and I've gained a few good stories and some memories of good company. I like doing things.

Lastly, Jayme is absolutely psycho. In that good, hilarious sort of way. I'm too tired right now, so you'll have to ask about the full story. Good night.

No comments: