Friday, January 06, 2006

Fatty:

So the cast came off today. The first thing they instructed me to do, and I don't blame them, was to hit the sink and use a lot of soap. Oh and this time, I did keep the cast. Unfortunately my thumb has undergone further atrophy than I had anticipated. The doctor said this condition is perfectly normal and I guess in the back of my mind I kind of knew it would be like this. Oh well, full strength will come in a couple of weeks. My thumb, in fact, has not dwindled down to a toothpick. On the contrary, it's actually fatter than my other thumb. And there's the problem. My once-lean left thumb is so lardy, I can hardly bend it. As I exercize that muscle, it will eventually gain mobility and strength like a normal thumb should have. Until then, I'll just have keep the strain low.

Today (it's 1 AM Friday) is, indeed, a special day:

1. First, it's Ă„nna's birthday. Happy Birthday!

2. My sister comes into town.

3. It is officially (as I have now ordained it) NOLA Packing Day.

4. Tomorrow holds the ultimate slumber party :)

5. Today (well, technically yesterday) was Jeff's birthday. What a cool spiderman... I mean, kid.

My hand still stinks even though I've washed and soaped it raw. I'm gonna have to spray it down with something ;)

No comments: