Thursday, November 10, 2005

Again:

The day 24 ruined my life, part 2. I need to go to bed. *sigh*

Confide:
To give as a responsibility or put into another's care; entrust.

Though that definition may be obvious, I like it a lot. To trust.. oh how essential is that aspect of life. Without it, what would that be like? Not like, 'I can't trust anyone, don't get anywhere near me' paranoid, but maybe a sitch that is much more probable in the society we live in. Maybe someone who doesn't trust others with their emotions or with their secrets. Someone who has no one to talk to. That's a lot more realistic. After all, who wants to give others that kind of power over them?

I would be lying if I were to say that I can fully confide in others. I want... I need to learn how to surrender that power. Granted, there's a time and place for things unsaid, but running paranoidally won't get me/you/anyone anywhere. Believe me, I've watched enough 24 to know that people who can't trust each other end up shooting a lot of people.

"How is your heart?" She asks
"Well." He says plainly
"Really?" She quietly questions
"No." He says reluctantly
"Then what?" She inquires patiently
"Tired." He says with a sigh
"From what?" As her heart breaks
"Running."
-A wise, undisclosed person

No comments: