Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Lunch:

I eat out a lot here, which will definitely be something I will miss at my new job. Usually, I rotate between Potbelly's, California Tortilla, The 1819 Deli, Fuddruckers, Quiznos, Subway, Dominos, a couple of Indian places, and this place that has the best BBQ beef brisket that I could possibly imagine. For months, one of my coworkers and I have been trying to find what we call "The Shwarma Cart". There's this online listing of Hilal food in the area and the reviews of this food cart listed his location a few blocks from my office, yet he was never there. This week he finally appeared, but instead right around the corner of our block! The food is awesome, especially his falafel. It's pretty much the best falafel I've ever had. I'd eat it everyday for the remaining time I have here, but I have so many free lunches lined up that I may only be able to go there a few more times. When it comes to food, I think I'm pretty spoiled right now.

2 comments:

Jules said...

sounds like you are, but that's never truly a bad thing, right?? today i found out that there tends to be a "freshman 15" at my new placement. the food is supposedly very good and they only charge staff $1 for lunch. i think breakfast is free (or $1 too) and they always have the basics (oatmeal, fruit, etc) but also the more gluttonous breakfast foods like pastries and doughnuts..... today i had a Twix ice cream bar with my lunch...... i think this could be dangerous

Seye said...

i need a winn dixie grocery bag full of money RIGHT NOW to the v.i.p. section!