Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Titans:

Lately I've been listening to a lot of classical music. I'll turn it on in my room as I'm going to sleep or waking up. When I think about it, the approach and results are so incredibly different from most popular modern music. Usually classical music involves fifty people who have devoted their lives to the discipline of their instrument playing. Most bands today have about five people who are looking to make a sound that has yet to be discovered.

I could probably go on and on about classical pieces, but generally my analysis is pretty abstract and uninteresting. But here's something definite- pieces composed by Mozart are beast. Bach has some awesome concertos, while Beethoven rocks the symphonies. Brahms is the worst and can burn in hell.

5 comments:

Seye said...

Tchaikovsky (WE DA BEST!)

Dana said...

i like the brevity and straightforwardness of your opinions

Brian said...

bert. i love you, but i can't let you say such things without repercussions. To put it bluntly, Brahms can kick your ass. And he probably will.

Cheers!

mb said...

I appreciate your venture into good music. I will control my urge to educate you.

Christina said...

i agree with seye, tchaikovsky ftw!