Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Supplies:

Already I am starting to mesh with my work environment. I still have a long way to go, but I've been pretty quick picking up on the dynamics of my work group. Today I got to do two neat things. First, in the afternoon I got to go on my first field visit. Usually new people have to jump through a bunch of hoops and wait a few weeks before they're able to go out to the field, but I was able to pull a few strings. So from 2-4 pm I got paid to take a ride through the city, walk around the house, and take a few measurements... all while wearing a hard hat, neon vest, boots, and safety goggles. Second, I got my hands on the supplies catalog. It's a book about the size of a phone book which I get to go through and select whatever I want from it for my office. Yeah, I'll be getting the $40 Swingline chrome-coated stapler.

The days go by a lot quicker and are more exciting when I have something sweet planned for the evenings. No doubt.

4 comments:

j dede said...

bert,
glad to see you got home okay. had mad fun tonight. hope the thrill of finding a comment was worth it!

Ă„nna said...

funny, I'm educating future potential engineers, and I had to purchase my own stapler for them! they're not cheap

Esthertainment said...

I'll give you the list of office supplies I need.....

charlie said...

you should take a picture of you rocking a hard hat and post that joint.