Friday, September 15, 2006

Likes:

When people ask me what I like to do in my spare time I usually answer, "rock climbing and hanging out with friends," but the words "hanging out" don't do it justice.

On the most superficial level, it's watching a couple of movies while snacking on scrumptuous brownies. On the next level it's the random people showing up and the constant friendly banter. Dig a little deeper and you'll find the constant hilariousness of strange, random, and inappropiate comments and actions. And then if you stay long enough, every little event becomes a commotion that inscribes you into the memory of the house. Most importantly, though, is the seeing and talking with those I love dearly, and just sitting together to share life with those I care for.

That's what hanging out really is. That's what I like to do.

No comments: