Friday, August 18, 2006

Gypped:

Wow, what a weird looking word... gypped... I think that's how it's spelled anyway.

Today was a pretty neat day. I woke up lateish and read a little bit. Then in the afternoon I met up with Dede for lunch and a stroll around downtown Silver Sprung. I got home and finished my book (more on that later). Then I met up with Seye and Joel to stroll around the Washingtonian/Rio area which very much resembles downtown Silver Spring but has a lake and fountains and a nice boardwalk. From there we went to Jeff and Kristal's who had just finished up dinner with Jason and Jenn. A little bit later, we left the married couple to themselves and went to hang out at Esther's. All in all, a good day.

Now, about this book thing. There's a little bit of a confession mixed into here. As of last post, I had read two trilogies, where the second trilogy was the sequel to the first. I skipped the second book in the whole six book series, though, because I got impatient. From there I picked up the same author's earlier writings, two series of five books. More accurately, I am still waiting on the second five books. Anywho, today I finished the fifth book in this series and pages 363 and 364 were missing out of 372!!! What the heck. I had read through close to 2000 pages following this adventure and a couple of the pages that were supposed to give me closure were gone. Man that was upsetting at the time. Of course, I still have five more books in this second series that I'm waiting on so I guess I don't really need that much closure.

Maybe I've just been reading too much and nothing blog-worthy happens in my life so I document these things to make my life seem interesting.

No comments: