Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Chlorophyll:

Lately I've been finding that I have less energy than usual. My first suspicion was that I was simply doing too much. Going out for dinner or happy hour after work plus a myriad of parties and social events on the weekend can be pretty demanding on the body and psyche. This past week and weekend I did very little (comparitively) in hopes that I would be rejuvenated, yet I don't think I feel any less tired or drained.

My next target might be to try getting more sleep. I average a decent amount, but perhaps I need more. The only way to do so is to go to bed earlier, which is a big sacrifice considering how valuable time at home with the housies is. Already that after-work window is limited and becoming disciplined to cutting it down would be a tough task.

I do believe there are alternative activities that I have yet to try that might work. Supposedly running increases general energy levels, and I definitely could use the cardio. Spending time outside just sitting or working on the garden can be refreshing. Perhaps listening to music while lying on the couch would be good. I'm open to suggestions.

6 comments:

Dana said...

drink more

Seye said...

i recommend lifting. it solves all of my problems.

charlie said...

stop drinking soda and get a road bike.

peter hafer said...

gardens, music on the couch, running....those are definately my favorites. you should try to do all at once tho.

Dana said...

crap. people gave you real answers.

i mean drink more water, bert. it's good for you.

Esthertainment said...

3 cheers for gardening!