Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Adults:

Growing up can be such a foreign concept.

Yesterday Usher's new album "Here I Stand" came out. Through reading the inside cover and watching some interviews on 106 and Park last night, I feel like I was able to get some insight into what he is trying to express through his music. The album, to me, seems very mature in that he's thought out his emotions, his actions, his place in life and has come to terms with who he has become. When I first picked up the CD, the label said "Soul" instead of R&B, which is a classification I sort of agree with.

I don't consider myself experienced or fully developed or all-wise. I think that's why I don't accept that I'm an adult or grown up. I wonder when I will reach that point.

2 comments:

Seye said...

one of my favorite cd's of all time:

Usher - My Way
came out in 7th grade.
i remember standing in the lobby at church discussing it with my friends.

Ă„nna said...

That also reminds me of my own 7th grade and singing You Make Me Wanna with my friend Sarah in reading class. I can't say we ever discussed the album, but she did name her hamster Usher. When Usher died she got a new one and named him Nappy.

Ooooh 7th grade.