Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Interviews:

Today everything sort of developed. I was running around doing laundry and trying to get some cash so that I could metro down to DC for my Pepco interview. However, around 10 am this guy calls me from the PTO to see if I want to do a 20 minute phone interview. I went ahead and answered his questions and found it to be good "practice" for later in the day. The phone interview was short and succinct, and the end of the conversation sounded positive. But, I was put a few minutes behind schedule so my decision making processes were rushed. I decided to not take my suit jacket. I got on the metro and everything was fine until the Bethesda stop when a couple of suits boarded the train. I immediately regretted not having a suit jacket. What if one of those guys was going to interview for the same position I was trying for? I would automatically be at a disadvantage. It took me a few minutes to rationalize things out. They had individually scheduled out an interviewing time for me so it was highly unlikely that they would be bringing in another candidate that day or even that week. Also, it turned out that I was not out-dressed by the interviewing panel which meant my attire was sufficient. But I've learned my lesson- always err on the side of fashionable... even when it is hot as butt outside.

Also I got an e-mail from booz today for an interviewing night next week, but I'll be out of town so I'm waiting to hear back from them on whether I can schedule something else.

The library books have all come in so I'll go pick them up tomorrow morning (Mason aka dreamboat).

The button on my shorts broke. Does anyone know how to sew a button on? Also, does anyone have a button they could lend me?

5 comments:

peter hafer said...

abooyah on the interviews.

what books did you get?

Mason said...

song of ice and fire series, by George R.R. Maartin

sweet bert, you will have to let me know how you like them...

and i think it is funny you wrote "hot as butt outside". I don't know why, it just makes me laugh.

Seye said...

if it is a choice between the trip and interview, i'd go with the booz joint.

your opportunity cost is much higher by going on the trip. (too much economics)

but hopefully you can do both. that would be ideal.

Bertronium said...

it worked out alright... booz will have another one early august, and they said they could schedule something different if need be.

Elli said...

i'm wicked good at sewing on buttons. i do it all the time for my family.

good luck on your interviews!