Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Extraction:

No hitches yet. I switched from a general anesthesia procedure to a local anesthetic one. The surgeon shot me up good with novacaine and proceeded to do his work while I watched. I couldn't see much, thankfully, but I had a general idea of what was going on. Anyway, I couldn't feel my mouth until maybe 7 or 8 hours after the procedure which is a good thing. I've started my antibiotic and vicatin rotation, though I did extend this last vicatin break to see the effects. It has not been particularly pleasant and the last dose has taken a good half hour to kick in. Thus far I've been sticking to the applesauce. It goes down pretty easy, but I've gotta say that even three or four bowls isn't very satisfying. At the top of my priority list tomorrow- concocting a delicious soup.

I am supremely bored. Prescribed inactivity here is almost claustrophobic.

No comments: