Monday, May 01, 2006

Random:

A few random thoughts:

-Some girl was crying and venting on her guy friend about how her boyfriend just dumped her by the ODK fountain today. She sounded so irrational. I found that I had little compassion for her given the segments that I overheard (hey, I was sitting there first); I'm not sure if that's a bad thing.

- I stopped trying to go to sleep at 2:30 AM on Sunday morning to go walk around DC. Roberto wanted to find something to eat and he was about to roam around by himself. I knew of only one place that would be open within a 6 mile radius, and he was about to start walking in the wrong direction. If he had gone alone, I would have given him a 78% chance survival rating... which isn't bad, but not great. I've never walked around DC at 2:30 in the morning.

- In light of the competition on Saturday, we have really stepped things up around here. It's gotten to the point where it has become difficult to do simple tasks like opening a can of soda.

- I absolutely love getting wedding invitations. This is only my second (personally addressed invite to me). They're just so pretty and have so many parts. Somehow putting a single sentence of information on a separate piece of cardstock makes the whole invitation more exciting.

- Meredith, Esther, James, and I are MD Day beasts.

No comments: