Saturday, March 25, 2006

Stories:

It's been rather quiet around here. Too quiet. So I'm going to call you out. Tell a random story of something that happened three, four, or five years ago in your life. C'mon... it's fun!

My freshman year, I was really starting to get into Third Day. I had picked up a couple of their albums and watched their Offerings tour on DVD. Some time in the spring, I found out that they were going to be playing in the Patriot Center on George Mason's campus. So naturally, I picked up a ticket... a general admission floor ticket. The concert fell on a Sunday and I had my parents drop me off after church. But get this- me, being the responsible person I am, forgot to bring my ticket with me. I called Zach, since he was coming to the concert as well, and he picked it up from my room. The plan was that he'd find me in line and hand it off. So I got there three hours early, a product of going right after church but also so I would get an awesome spot. I was sort of the first person there; there were four youngish (just graduating from college) people who found the entrance right at the same time I did. We sat and talked about being TD fans and chit chatted about our backgrounds and the such. We passed the time playing a few games and actually doing some arts and crafts... and watching the line grow behind us as the 7:00 opening approached. Of course, I was freaking out... sitting at the front of the line with no ticket to get in. The doors opened and Zach was still on the way. As my four new friends walked in they told me they'd try and save me a spot, but I wasn't really understanding much while watching the entire crowd go past me. I was about to cry.
So I waited and watched until around 7:30, Zach delivers with my ticket and we enter onto the floor at the back of the crowd. I listened to the openers with not much interest, trying to see if I could see any of those four people towards the front. We were simply too far away and there were too many people in front of us. Now, I don't believe in butting in line and I'll probably be the last person you'd see making any sort of confrontational move for my own advantage. But I put on my brave face and sucked it up. I deserved a better spot. As they were setting up for Third Day, I slank my way towards the front with minimal problem. Soon, I spotted my people... indeed they had saved a spot for me... on the rail! That's right, the very front and center spot. I was so amazed... I still am. I enjoyed the best concert of my life that night. Third Day put on a spectacular show and then led us in worship. So thank you Dave, Leslie, Sam and Beth if you're somewhere out there in cyberspace. Ya'll are amazing people who I'll never forget.

That's my story. Your turn.

No comments: