Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Memories:

Topic sentence: I find that I have few of them. For some reason, a lot of group-chill conversations seem drift into talk about childhood memories. It's not uncommon for someone to chime in with a, "one time when I was 10..." and tell about some obnoxious or hilarious thing that happened to them. I suppose it's logical. It is life experience, and the majority of our life experience (that is, for my peers) has been in our childhood. I digress.
I don't think I have a lot of childhood memories, or rather, I observe that I have fewer childhood stories to tell. Either I have a bad memory or I had a boring childhood. Probably both, actually. But seriously, the latter seems only true. Sad, I know.
I never did anything physically daring. I wasn't (and still am not) apt at doing anything spectacular- like riding a bike off a huge jump or wrestling on a trampoline. Which leads me to another point. I never had any mischievious tools or was set in mischievious environments. Maybe roller blades and a hockey stick... but even then. Yeah, I didn't get out of the house all that much. I only had a couple of neighborhood friends, but they moved away when I was young. No pets to torture, no crazy fights, no school gang, etc...
Sounds somewhat depressing, eh? Well, that just means most of my energies and efforts when I was younger went into other things. What exactly, though, is hard to point out. I'll have to think on that more. But whatever they/that may be, I am who I am today as a result... and it ain't all that bad, right? Hah, that's enough out of me.

No comments: