Monday, July 11, 2011

Artscape 2011 Hype:


Things that I am excited about with Artscape looming ahead this next weekend-

1. Biking to and around the event. Hipster-like, but more mature and stylish... an opportunity to show off my new bike (not single-speed, though, as pictured).

2. Sondheim Exhibit - definitely some sweet art, more of the refined variety. Air conditioning break.

3. MICA student art - there's something visceral and raw about this production.

4. Hipster print t-shirts - given my success last year, I'm going to try for another and perhaps make it an annual effort.

5. Baltimore Symphony Orchestra free concert - I haven't always been able to catch this show as I don't think it interests most people, but I enjoy it and it also adds a nice air conditioning break to the day.

6. Festival food - apparently there's a new vendor so I'm excited to see if there are going to be any creative morsels to be found. Also I'd guess that the food trucks will be sharking around the edges of the festivities. Funnel cake falls under this category.

7. Free stuff.

8. Club Charles - this is by far the best bar scene of the year. I am debating whether the safety of the reflectors on my bike or the clean, stealth aesthetic takes priority for the night ride in and out here.

Officially hyped.

No comments: