Monday, January 10, 2011

I've been thinking about what makes up a good person. 'Good' in the more archaic sense might be connotated with being generous, but that is fairly one-dimensional compared to how we throw around the word these days. Also traditionally one might define a good person as of high moral value, though I feel there's been a strong permeation of relative morality in atleast the world I live in so that definition doesn't hold much meaning.

I guess I would say it is someone who is kind-spirited, both well-intentioned and sensible, and has a positive outlook. Maybe that's an odd combination of characteristics, but it sounds right to me. And as broad of a definition as it might seem, I feel like the times have been few and far between that I've met someone of good standards. It's really quite refreshing.

No comments: