Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Recruit:

It was such a beautiful day out, I decided it would be a crime to not stop by the wall. After a strenuous workout, I figured I should finish off with the usual "pull ups till failure". As I was just hanging there, a man walked by and said, "If you can do fifteen pull ups, I'll pay for your semester." And I was thinking, "Man, I bet he thinks that I can't" because... well you know. So I pumped out 15 quick ones and was like, "What now, *****?" Not really.

Andddd he hands me this card. On it, of course, says Maryland ROTC. Psssh, I ain't doing pull ups for no one anymore. Except for girls.

I completely destroyed myself today. But we're going again to the wall tomorrow. And then to climb at Great Falls on Friday. All this in preparation for the competition the following Saturday.

No comments: